Now that the snow has finally melted, running season will be upon us before we know it and the high school running program will, as in past years, be offering a running camp this summer. The dates will be Wednesday, July 15 to Friday, July 17.
For those new to the running team, the running program has sponsored a 2-3 day "running camp" each July hosted by the Pierce family on Sebago Lake. The purpose of the camp is to build excitement for the upcoming season, to help runners stay motivated, to encourage a supportive and healthy team environment and, of course, to HAVE FUN! In order to have the camp be successful for all, we ask that kids attend camp only if they intend on being on the team in the fall.
1. We need a minimum of 10 runners to be able to hold the camp.
2. Runners should be excited to commit to the XC Team during the fall season.
3. Cost: The only cost is for food at camp, usually under $75 for 3 days (thank you Pierces!).
By May 15, every family should let me know one of the following:
1. You (your runner) will attend camp and can firmly commit.
2. You (your runner) is interested in camp, but you need more time to determine if the dates work.
3. You (your runner) is interested in running but cannot come to the camp.
4. You (your runner) is not interested in the xc running team.
Please tell Susan at school, send an email to email@example.com, or give her a call at 688-8989 with your intentions.
If we don't come up with enough kids for running camp, we'll still organize some team runs and team training days over the summer.
As always, please let Susan know if you have any questions. Thanks!